Translate

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

John 17: 1-11A

"I pray for them.
I do not pray for the world but for the ones you have given me,
because they are yours, and everything of mine is yours
and everything of yours is mine,
and I have been glorified in them."

Praying for others is so important.  Jesus prayed for us.  We are to pray for each other.  Sometimes it is difficult.  Sometimes we make lists, or incorporate those we are praying for into Rosaries or litanies or novenas.  These are good things.  Let us not forget to ask the intercession of our Blessed Mother too.  Recently in my emails I received a missive about how there is a famous exorcist who said that the devil once told him that people saying the Hail Mary was like driving a spike through his head because the focus of the Rosary is Christ and our redemption and salvation from hell.  Something to think about if we tend to say that we'll pray for others, then forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment