Translate

Friday, April 22, 2016

John 14:1-16 I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life

A friend became a Benedictine monk.  He was given the comfort and assurance of knowing that he would always have a place at the monastery and that when the time comes for him to die, he will be buried in its cemetery, and that his soul will be perpetually prayed for.  It took a leap of faith for him to leave the comforts of the world, but at the same time he finds great comfort of knowing just as much comfort if not greater peace of mind comes to him for he knows that the monks are following God's Way as much as they can; and that he was called, and given a dwelling within the monastery mimics what will come in the eternal life when Jesus says, "I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be."

There is a place in heaven for everyone.  We are each called in our different vocations in our lives to the Father.  Because we are not like St. Teresa or a mystic like Padre Pio doesn't condemn us, just makes us called in a different way.  God loves you.  He calls us to himself through Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment