Translate

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Matthew 11:28-30

In today's Gospel Jesus tells us, "Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden light,"

How merciful the Lord is to invite us through obedience and patience to become docile peaceful people.  Jesus is the perpetual teacher.  He recognizes our difficulties and the hardships that we endure.  He wants to show us the better way.  To be meek is to be obedient.  There is a strength within obedience, but it is not stubborn.  It allows us to carry out the things that we are asked to do willingly.  To follow Jesus in his humbleness of heart allows us to be patient with others as we put them first before ourselves. 

In essence Jesus is teaching us that should we follow him, we will be rewarded and life will not seem as difficult because he wishes to teach us his way of love:  In obedience to the Father we serve him first, then we serve others, before ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment